MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS HONG KONG APP CHALLENGE 2021
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Motorola Solutions Hong Kong App Challenge 2021 (“Challenge”) is organised by Motorola Solutions Asia Pacific Limited (“Organiser”).
- Any company entering into this Challenge agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions (“Terms & Conditions”) and non-compliance with or breach of any Terms and Conditions or any rules and regulations may disqualify a Participant (as defined below) at any stage of the Challenge, and any prizes won may be forfeited, withheld, withdrawn or reclaimed.
- The decision of the Organiser in all matters relating to the Challenge shall be final.
- This Challenge starts from 10th September, 2021 and ends on 9th November, 2021.
Eligibility to Enter:
5. The Challenge is open to any company which fulfils the criteria in section 5.1 below:
5.1. The company: must have a registered head office or principal place of business in Hong Kong or Macau (collectively, “Territory”), and must have experience and expertise in developing applications for any of the following three specific market verticals – (i) Hospital, (ii) Warehouse, or (iii) Construction. Any company that is eligible to participate in this Challenge in accordance with these criteria (as determined by the Organiser in its sole and absolute discretion) will hereinafter be referred to as a “Participant”. Each Work Document and Final Product (as defined below) must be submitted, and any and all actions contemplated herein on behalf of a Participant must be completed, by an authorised representative of the Participant who: (a) has authority to and permission from the Participant to participate in the Challenge on behalf of the Participant, and (b) has the authority to legally bind the Participant, including, without limitation, to these Terms and Conditions and to any other required documentation as contemplated in these Terms and Conditions.
Invitation & Registration:
- The Challenge Website is at https://msiac.site which is the main communication channel between the Organiser and the Participants. To enter the Challenge, Participants shall register their participation by filling a Registration Form on the Challenge Website at https://msiac.site.
- The Registration period shall commence from 16th August, 2021, 00:00:01 Hong Kong time and shall end at 3rd September, 2021, 23:59:59 Hong Kong time.
- The Participant must choose only one vertical between (i) Hospital, (ii) Warehouse, and (iii) Construction and develop the application for the vertical chosen by the Participant. Each Participant shall only be eligible to register for one vertical. The Organiser reserves the right to remove any vertical for which it may not receive sufficient number of Participants.
Submission of Work Document:
- The Participants will only be required to submit the system architecture diagram and presentation deck (“Work Document”) for the application they intend to develop. The Participants will be judged on the basis of their Work Document.
- The Participants must send the Work Document to the Organiser by email by, 9th November, 2021, 23:59:59 Hong Kong time, and must include (1) system architecture diagram, and (2) presentation deck.
- The Participants must use the presentation template with required outline provided by the Organiser for the submission of their presentation deck. The language of the Work Document shall be English by default.
- If the conditions mentioned in clause 9, clause 10 and clause 11 are not fulfilled, the Organiser will have the right to reject the submission of the Work Document.
Choosing of Winning Entries and Announcement of Winners and Prizes
13. A panel of judges (as selected by the Organiser) shall choose the winners of the Challenge from among the Participants based on the following judging criteria:
13.1. Business challenge & pain points address:
13.1.1. Understanding of the target users and pain points/problem areas in the vertical markets ((i) Hospital, (ii) Warehouse, or (iii) Construction);
13.1.2. Address the challenges.
13.2. Concept/technology originality & Innovation:
13.2.1. Original approach;
13.2.2. Creativity in solving the challenge.
13.3. Business impact
13.3.1. Impact on the target audience;
13.3.2. Impact on the real business value.
13.4. Use of MOTOTRBO Ion or Motorola Solutions Technology
13.4.1. How essential is Ion (i.e. radio, Android PDA and camera) to the concept.
13.5. Road to market & easy to pilot
13.5.1. How “ready” for market is the concept;
13.5.2. Completeness of the concept, and willingness and ability of the Participant to bring the application to the Hong Kong market.
13.6.1. Plan for scaling.
13.7. Special Bonus Point
13.7.1. Idea to link up with MOTOTRBO;
13.7.2. Tailor-made for Ion;
13.7.3. Demonstrate the application during a presentation day together with the pitch;
13.7.4. Bilingual application language – English & Traditional Chinese.
The judges’ decision in this matter shall be final. No Participant will have the right to challenge the judges’ decision. The judges are not obliged to give any reasons for their decision, and will not engage in any conversation or correspondence with any person regarding their decision.
14. Prize Winner and Announcement:
14.1. There shall be one winner selected with respect to each of the three vertical markets specified below, making a total of three winners from three vertical markets:
14.2. Participants will be screened and then selected as finalists to present and demonstrate their Work Document on the presentation day to a panel of judges, who will then select the winners. The presentation day will be notified to the Participants by the Organiser.
14.3. Each winner will receive cash prize of HKD100,000 (“Prize Money”)
14.4. Prior to receiving the Prize Money, if the Organiser requires so, the winner would agree to specific terms and conditions for receiving the Prize Money, it shall do so by signing the agreement proposed by the Organiser.
14.5. The prize payouts will be made through the Motorola Solutions authorized local Hong Kong distributor Good Century Holdings Limited.
14.6. The winners will be notified via e-mail, to the e-mail address provided by the relevant Participants to the Organizer at the time of registration for the Challenge. The announcement of the winners will be published on the Challenge website (https://msiac.site) on 18rd November, 2021.
14.7. Each winner agrees that it will responsible to complete the development of the application (“Final Product”) in accordance with the Work Document and the presentation it gives on the presentation day.
Submission of Final Product:
- The Final Product must be completed and approved by Google and made available on the Google Play Store before, 17th February, 2022, 23:59:59 Hong Kong time. The Final Product must meet below requirements:
- completed solution as same as the system architecture diagram and presentation shown on the presentation day;
- be a high-quality, compatible with and fully functional application on the MOTOTRBO Ion device;
- be made available free of any cost to the Organiser on the Google Play Store.
If the winner cannot deliver the Final Product before 17th February, 2022, 23:59:59 Hong Kong time in accordance with the Work Document and the presentation shown by it on the presentation day, the winner would be liable to refund the Prize Money of HKD100,000 to Hong Kong distributor Good Century Holdings Limited.
Organiser reserves the right to judge the completeness of the application and solution delivered by the winner.
- Each Participant shall ensure that if it provides or includes any personal data in connection with its participation in this Challenge and/or its Work Document and Final Product, it has obtained all necessary consents as required by applicable laws from the relevant individuals in relation to the collection, use, processing and/or disclosure of such personal data for the purposes of and as contemplated by this Challenge.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Each Participant represents and warrants that in respect of their Work Document and Final Product: (i) they are the true and lawful owners of the intellectual and industrial property rights (including any code); (ii) there are no legal claims or disputes pending; and (iii) they have the right to submit the Work Document and Final Product for the Challenge.
- Each Participant shall retain copyright and any other intellectual and industrial property rights that they have created in their Work Document and Final Product.
- For publicity, marketing, and promotional purposes, each Participant grants to the Organiser (and its agents, sponsors, and partners) an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, and royalty-free license to display its Work Document and Final Product (either on its own or with the work of third parties) on all communication media, any website or any sales or marketing channels or partner channels, and to display the name, picture, written statements, and audio and visual recordings of the said Work Document and Final Product and related to the Participants and the Participant’s name, free of charge without limitation (including limitations of material, time, quantity or territory).
General Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Challenge, each Participant agrees to appear on the internet, and in videos, photographs, write-ups or other materials which may be used in advertising (any form of media) for commercial and promotional purposes by the Organiser. The Participant also agrees to the use of any information submitted by the Participant on the Challenge registration form at Challenge website (https://msiac.site), without compensation, for the purpose of administration in relation to the Challenge and for the Organiser’s promotional and marketing purposes. Participants shall not be entitled to any payment for such use, or for any re-use; and acknowledge that all copyright, including the right to reproduce likeness or image belong to the Organiser absolutely; and agrees to release and discharge the Organiser from any claims in relation to the Organiser’s use of likeness or image.
- The Organiser reserves the absolute right to approve any Participant, or disqualify any Participant that it determines to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge, or to be acting in breach or potential breach of this Challenge’s Terms and Conditions.
- The Challenge winners agree to make their respective winning Final Product available exclusively on Motorola Solutions DMR and LTE devices only for a period of eleven (11) months from the date it makes the Final Product available on Google Play Store or 17th February, 2022, whichever is earlier.
- The Challenge winners agree to accept and abide by the Organiser’s or its relevant affiliate’s terms and conditions for their respective winning Final Product to be made available and to be used on Motorola Solutions DMR and LTE devices.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, modify suspend or delay the Challenge in the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- By participating in this Challenge, each Participant hereby warrants that they are not an entity in which the Hong Kong government has a majority or controlling stake.
- By participating in this Challenge, all Participants hereby warrant that all statements, personal details given by them are true, correct, accurate and complete and that they have read and understood all the Terms and Conditions of this Challenge and agree to be unconditionally bound by such Terms and Conditions.
- By participating in this Challenge, all Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Organiser harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable legal fees that may be arise from or in connection with the Challenge.
- All Participants and the Organiser (hereinafter individually referred to as “Party” and collectively as “Parties”) agree not to disclose any information (whether disclosed orally, in writing or otherwise) furnished by either Party to the other Parties, which is designated by the Party disclosing the information as confidential to it, and includes all trade secrets, financial and business information and all other commercially valuable information (“Confidential Information”) of the Party disclosing it. However, a Participant’s name, image, other defining attributes and its Work Document and Final Product (“Excluded Information”) shall not be considered as Confidential Information and the Organiser may use such Excluded Information for any publicity, promotional and marketing purposes as contemplated in these Terms & Conditions. Confidential Information may be used by the Participants and the Organiser for the purpose of competing in, organising and administering the Challenge. Where the Confidential Information is disclosed orally, the disclosing Party must reduce the Confidential Information in writing and provide a copy of the same to the other Party who received the Confidential Information within 3 days of such disclosure in order for the same to continue to be treated as Confidential Information.
- By participating in this Challenge, all Participants acknowledge and agree that by hosting this Challenge, the Organiser is not prohibited from also building similar products/work in the future.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice, and the Participants by continuing to participate in the Challenge after being notified of the changes shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by such changes.
- Any Terms and Conditions applicable to this Challenge which is illegal, prohibited or unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining provisions.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes as tax advice on part of the Organiser. All ancillary costs, including delivery charges and all state and/or local duties/taxes are the sole responsibility of the Participants. Liability for any tax on any prize is the sole responsibility of the winning Participant.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify, withdraw or cancel the Challenge (in whole or in part) at any time with or without reason and without prior notice, without any liability to the Participants. In the event of modifications of the Challenge, the Participants by continuing to participate in the Challenge after being notified of the modifications shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by such modifications.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of the Organiser is final.
- The Challenge and the Terms & Condition herein shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong. The Organiser and the Participants hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Hong Kong in any action to enforce (or otherwise relating to) these Terms & Condition or relating to the Challenge.
For further enquiries, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org